Kettlebells rolled into the fitness world as a piece of revolutionary fitness equipment that single-handedly changed the face of endurance training. These spherical weights were popularized in America by former Soviet Special Force trainer, Pavel Tsatsouline. He believed that kettlebells can be used for the same exercises that a dumbbell can assist with, only better. Kettlebell exercises are perfect to incorporate dynamic swinging exercises into your daily workout routines.
This can even become a multi-joint cardio session with weights. You might have seen a variety of fitness enthusiasts, from fit moms to buffed jocks, swinging kettlebells during their sessions. The versatility of kettlebell workouts is what makes this fitness equipment a fad amongst many and it’s time you welcome it too. Kettlebell workout is an easy way to improve and boost stamina, strength and flexibility.
Are you working with kettlebells? If not, here are a few reasons why you should buy one and get started on using them to get better results!
- Amplify Power Output – Some of the most effective kettlebell workouts like Snatch and the Clean & Jerk help develop power endurance since they have to be performed speedily. Power endurance is a special fitness quality that signifies your ability to sustain fast muscular contractions over an extended period. You can incorporate incredible cardio routines with kettlebells to improve and strengthen a firm, lean physique. Kettlebells will even help you avoid building up too much muscle bulk if that is your goal. By working on it you can effectively train for fat loss and conditioning in addition to magnifying your power output.
- Strengthen Forearms – Here’s an interesting fact. Cast iron Kettlebellssare designed with thicker handles that aid a stronger grip while performing kettlebell swings and other exercises. This advanced grip guarantees strength building for your forearms as well. The unique design offers a grip with a better centre of gravity usually in motion. So, when you are able to hold the equipment better, it automatically enables a combination of dynamic and static muscular contractions for your grip. Thereby controlling the fluctuating centre of mass and clearing a path for you to attain fantastic forearms.
- Improve Cardio-Respiratory Fitness – We all know the importance of a well-rounded fitness regime that incorporates cardio-respiratory health as well. Now, if you have binged through some kettlebell workouts earlier, you might have noticed that most kettlebell exercises require your arms to remain in an overhead position. These postures force the muscles that assist breathing to be engaged in muscular activity, instead of aiding the respiratory process. In this way, the muscles that ensure proper breathing plays a crucial role in improving cardiovascular fitness.
- Enhance balance and posture – When working out with a kettlebell, it’s essential to l keep your back straight and engage your core to maintain your balance. For instance, when performing forward bending with a kettlebell to work on your hamstrings, you need to bend from your hips, instead of slouching your back which maintains a straight back, eventually a better posture and balance.
- Remarkably Convenient – Lastly, as a fellow fitness enthusiast, you might agree that most of us are looking for a little more convenience when fighting through our workouts for consistency. Well here’s good news, home kettlebell workouts bring a refreshing change to days when you’re dreading the gym. Kettlebells are easily available and their size makes them convenient to be stored with minimal space.
I hope these reasons have managed to nudge you to befriend Kettlebells for your future workout plans. These tiny equipment pieces will effectively burn fat, build strength and get you closer to your fitness goals soon. No wonder they’re known as game-changers in the fitness community!
Sancket Kamdar, a certified weightlifting coach, and a successful entrepreneur founded SF HealthTech with a single goal in mind – to bring high quality, international standard exercise equipment to help fitness enthusiasts and athletes reach the next level of fitness. When he’s not working on new equipment ideas and designs, he loves to create educational content about health, fitness, nutrition, and wellness. He also writes to help budding entrepreneurs on running and growing a business, based on his experience.
A true love for sports